Welcome to the FireStorm/DAO FAQ. If you have a question that is not answered here please send an email to email@example.com.
FireStorm/DAO Community and Standard Editions
- What does code generated by FireStorm/DAO look like?
- How do I run FireStorm/DAO at the command-line?
- Why is the generated code missing update and delete methods?
- How does FireStorm/DAO support MySQL auto-increment columns?
- How does FireStorm/DAO support Oracle sequences?
- How does FireStorm/DAO support DB2 sequences?
- Does FireStorm/DAO support Dynamic SQL Finders?
- How does FireStorm/DAO handle DATE, TIME and TIMESTAMP types?
- Is it possible to import using the DB2 JDBC driver?
- How do you configure JDBC for Microsoft SQL Server 2000?
- What third-party products does FireStorm/DAO support?
FireStorm/DAO Architect Edition
- Overview of the Architect Edition
- What does the Code Generator source code look like?
- Can I see some sample custom code generator templates?
- What source code is included with the Architect Edition?
- Are there any restrictions on the changes I can make to templates?
- Can I produce new templates?
- Are the code generation templates open source?
- What DAO types does FireStorm/DAO Architect Edition support?
- How does FireStorm/DAO Architect Edition support transactions?
- Does FireStorm/DAO Architect Edition support complex queries and bulk updates?
- Can I distribute the custom code generation templates?
- Can anyone with the Enterprise Edition use a custom template?
- What sort of modifications can I make to the Architect Edition?
- What is the typical ratio of Architect Edition users to Enterprise Edition users?
- Is it possible to distribute custom code generation templates outside my organization?
- I can see the source code for extra features in the Architect Edition, what is this?